NEWSFLASH…I am officially on the board and batten bandwagon! (try saying that fast 5 times) I have loved the look of it for quite some time now, but have never been 100% motivated to install it yet. Until…I found the perfect, non visible to many visitors, small space…the kids’ bathroom.
These are a few pictures that I have had pinned for a while now that I referred to for the design.
And my all-time favorite…
I decided to experiment on a small wall in the kids’ bathroom. That way I can work out all of the mistakes in a room that my little ones only see.
I had a furring strip in the garage and cut it the right size and wedged it in between the wall and door trim. Then I secured it to the wall by screwing 4 screws through the furring strip and into the studs in the wall. I’m sure this is overkill, but I plan on attaching towel hooks for the kids and know they will pulling and tugging so I don’t want this things coming out of the wall.
I then attached the vertical pieces to the same studs. This is a point of discussion out there…to angle the bottoms or not. I decided to go for the angle and cut each at 45 degree. I still have a lot to do, but am happily surprised at how easy this is. To install the top board and two vertical pieces took about 45 minutes.
I still have a lot more to do -install two more vertical pieces, holes to fill, and paint. I am hoping this project won’t linger like my other half-completed projects. I’m hoping not!